FBA aims to become the most competitive internationalised business school in Western China. FBA's R&D strategy is to contribute to local community development by producing research outcomes that leverage local business experience. Our faculty team and students have enabled FBA to excel in research innovation and gain a competitive edge over other business schools in Western China. Some highlights of
FBA's R&D activities to date are as follows.
● A gradually increasing number of publications with academic impact: 98 SCI/108 SSCI papers were published between 2014 and 2016. SCI papers accounted for 21.46% and SSCI papers for 23.9% of FBA's entire publication output in this period.
● Corporate consulting with social impact: between 2014 and 2016, faculty members provided a series of reports for governments and other well-known enterprises, including the State Council of China, the Agricultural Bank of China and Evergrande Real Estate Group.
● With the support of FBA, and under the leadership of its former dean, the current Vice-President of Tibet University, the Summit Research Institution (SRI) at Tibet University was established to address economic development in Tibet and surrounding countries such as Nepal. A professor from FBA was appointed as the vice director of SRI.
● Government think tanks: two projects on big data industry development planning and social creditsystem construction for Chengdu city were undertaken by Gang KOU, and an emerging industry cluster development plan was formulated for the Chengdu HighTech Zone.
● Pedagogical development and innovation: an undergraduate teaching innovation award based on the “I-ASK” (“Internalisation Ability-Scene-Knowledge”) teaching system and a postgraduate teaching innovation award for innovation and entrepreneurship were instituted.
● English-language journal by Springer: in June2015, FBA launched Financial Innovation: the first English-language journal in China to focus on innovations in